Write4Children (June 2013 issue)
This whole issue of Write4Children is devoted to "Diversity, Inclusion & Equality". It includes articles on
- Representing Inclusivity and Diversity in Early Years Publishing
- Same, Same but Different. Publishing culturally diverse children's stories in a changing world
- Who Gets the Purple Plastic Purse? Beyond inclusion in children’s books
- Dyslexia Discourse: E-book accessibility and the resistance of literacy norms in Maggot Moon
- Waiting for Hugo: Writing picture books for children with autism
- What would The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole tell us if he had Special Educational Needs or Disabilities?
- Negotiating Little Red Riding Hood: Creating a modern edition of the classic fairy tale
- Where are the Big Political Ideas in Pre-teen Children’s Books?
- Gendered Marketing in Picture Books: the big pink book of low expectations
- "Every child should be able to relate to their literature": Trainee teachers investigating cultural diversity in picture books
- Looked after children & reading
- Growing Up With ‘Difference’: Inclusive education and the portrayal of characters who experience disability in children’s literature
- Breaking the Mould: Children's books that challenge gender stereotypes
- Books 4 all Kids: Usualising the lives of LGBT people through children's books
- Fairy Tales and Myths and their Significance for the Education of Deaf Children
- Children's Responses to Depictions of Non-Traditional Families in Picture Books
- Two to One: Females outnumbered by males in British (and N American) children's picture books
- Open Your Teeth and Roar: Diversity and the new writer
- Two for the Road: Identities in exile and the quest for the real in divided subjectivities
- Who Wants A Handicapped Child? The portrayal of physical disability in YA fantasy fiction.
Write4Children is "The International Journal for the Practice and Theories of Writing for Children and Children's Literature" and is supported by Winchester University Press.
Date published: 2013
Date added: 19 September 2013