All Inclusive: Championing Diversity in Museums
24 January 2018, Thinktank, Birmingham
"An interactive day addressing the essential issue of how museums can diversify their audiences and workforce.
Through a series of of talks, discussion, debate and exchange, this event explores how museums can become truly inclusive spaces and representational platforms, and champion equality at every level.
This event is for anyone that is working towards diversity and inclusion at a museum or relevant organisation and wants to:
- understand the various cases for a diverse approach
- challenge convention in the field of equality, diversity and inclusion in museums, including broadening out the perceived meaning of these terms
- embrace more inclusive working practices
- find out how other organisations have promoted a more diverse culture
- develop strategies for addressing issues such as unconscious bias, recruitment and retention, and power dynamics
- discuss how diversity can move from the margins to mainstream museum practice, and how we can create allies for diversity across the sector.
The programme for this event is created with the support of a steering committee of advocates for diversity, inclusion and equality, and an open call for papers."